A couple of weeks ago, I threw a few questions out to our followers on social media – ‘where is Oxford’s best takeout curry from’ was one of them. Unsurprisingly, we got a mixture of great suggestions.
So, as promised, here is a roundup of all your suggestions, and a few from the Bitten team too!
Bitten’s top picks for best takeout curry in Oxford
I personally rate Kadai & Naan on Cowley Road, we’ve ordered from them several times and haven’t been disappointed yet. Taste Tibet does a lovely curry – and those amazing momo’s – as well. They have a popup currently running at Silvie on Iffley Road if you can’t make it to their Gloucester Green stall.
I used to use Malikas a lot, but found they let us down on quality and customer service on a few occasions, and haven’t quite won us back yet.
- Majlis got three votes, from michellekhunter on Instagram, as well as Liz McCarthy and Littleoxplorers on Facebook. Michelle particularly recommended the baigan masala and mushroom rice
- The Standard in Jericho got a triple vote too, from Hannah Talbott-Falce and Liz Wilding on Facebook, plus Joanna Donohue on Twitter
- Jamona in Botley received two votes, from Conor McReynolds and Beth West on Facebook
- Yeti got a second vote from fplace88 over on Instagram
- Malikas got one vote from hugoglass on Instagram
- Chutneys got the thumbs up from r.jennings89 on Instagram
- cltclambabe on Insta says Chiang Mai Kitchen
- Spice Lounge in Summertown also got one vote on the gram, from livford21
- Bangkok House is the one according to Brian Balmer on Facebook
- Fraser Lloyd Jones on Facebook rates Jee Saheb
- Josie Proctor on Facebook recommends Everest Nepalese at Donnington Arms
- Rebecca Goddard on Twitter favours Karma, on Oxford Road between Cowley Road and Temple Cowley
Let us know what you think, if you’d back any of these, or suggest more!