Throw down that picnic blanket and pop on the kettle, because the PAUL Afternoon Tea delivery has arrived! Perfectly timed for summer, PAUL has launched this delicious lineup of goodies, now available for delivery from their Oxford bakery and cafe.
Dating back to 1840, the Afternoon Tea was born when Anna, the then Duchess of Bedford, allegedly got pretty hungry late afternoon (we hear ya sista). So, in a bid to stave off hunger, Anna requested tea, cake, bread and butter be brought to her room.
Jump forward 180+ years and Afternoon Tea is going strong to this day; we have plenty of dine-in Afternoon Tea venues in Oxford, but I’m often asked for good delivery recommendations. Well, now I have one!
An Afternoon Tea from PAUL costs £29.95, and includes:
Artisan Brioche Sandwiches: 2 x Tomato, Mozzarella & Pesto; 2 x Chicken Salad
French Patisserie: 2 x Mini Strawberry Tartelettes; 2 x Mini Caramel Tartelettes; 2 x Frangipane Tartelettes; 12 x Assorted Mini Macarons
Plus: 4 x Scones with Clotted Cream & Jam; Fairtrade & Organic English Breakfast Tea
Perfectly portioned for two, the selection features the classic combo of sweet and savoury, with English breakfast tea to wash it all down. The macarons and tartelettes were, as you’d imagine, utterly delicious. Perfect little poppets of sweetness, just the right side of a sugar high. Scones and sandwiches complemented delicate patisserie nicely, my only complaint that the scones plain – and I love a good burst of fruit in my scones.
Cream – as it should be – was of the clotted variety, the jam was classic strawberry. And before anyone asks, I’m #TeamDevon all the way; the cream OBVIOUSLY spreads before the jam, it’s basically the butter in this scenario. And nobody sensible spreads jam before butter.
All in all, an excellent Afternoon Tea, delivered to your door. And seriously, what is there not to love about that?! If you want one for yourself, you can order a PAUL Afternoon Tea from their online shop, or just enter our competition…
Read on to win a PAUL Afternoon Tea for you and 3 others 👇
To celebrate the launch of @paul_bakeryuk Oxford’s Afternoon Tea delivery, we’re giving you the chance to win an Afternoon Tea for four, plus a £50 PAUL e-voucher!
One lucky winner will receive 2 x PAUL Afternoon Teas (serving four), including freshly prepared artisan sandwiches, fine patisserie, and an assortment of Mini Macarons and Scones with Clotted Cream and Jam, plus a £50 PAUL e-voucher to spend online. It’s the ultimate teatime treat with a touch of French magic!
- Follow our page @BittenOxford and @paul_bakeryuk
- Like this post & tag three friends who you would like to share Afternoon Tea with
- You can comment multiple times and each will be counted as an individual entry
- The competition closes on Sunday 29th August 2021 at midnight GMT
- One winner will be chosen at random after the closing date and contacted via the official @BittenOxford Instagram account. If you are contacted by any other accounts, please do not respond
- Delivery is available to the following postcodes: OX1, OX2, OX3, OX4, OX5, OX9, OX10, OX11, OX12, OX13, OX14, OX20, OX25, OX26, OX29, OX33, OX44, OX49
- Per Instagram rules, this promotion is in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with Instagram, Inc
Good luck! – Jacqui x x
We dined as guests of PAUL, all views remain our own