UPDATED 5th Nov 2020
Please note: many venues remain open, we will continue updating throughout lockdown & as updates come in.
Further to our messages on social media, we fully appreciate this is an awful time and we would like to do all we can to help. So this post will serve as a rolling list of local food & drink deliveries and/or takeaways, to help those who are self-isolating, as well as other initiatives.
Please feel free to tag us or message directly with offers/ideas/schemes that support each other and our community and we will add to this list. Kudos go to Hannah whose original idea this was.
This list will be updated regularly, but for the latest updates please follow us on Instagram, where we will be sharing posts from local businesses as they come in: @bittenoxford. I’ve saved a new ‘C-19 Nov’ featured story section to our Instagram bio for easy access.
BUSINESSES OFFERING DELIVERY / TAKEAWAY SERVICES:
PLEASE TRY TO PAY WITH CARD ONLY, WHERE POSSIBLE, TO HELP WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING
In addition to what is available on delivery apps, the following businesses are offering delivery and/or takeaway services:
Meal deliveries & takeaways:
- ABC Restaurant – the new Asian/British restaurant in Headington, resuming takeaways from tomorrow (6th Nov). On Just Eat, Uber Eats and Deliveroo for delivery. Call them on 01865 761203 for takeaways to collect.
- Adria Pizzeria in Headington – open for takeaways and via Just Eat & Deliveroo, or call to book a takeaway on 01865 803518.
- The Anchor in Jericho – lockdown takeaway starts Friday 6th Nov. Opening hours Weds – Sat 12-2pm and 5-9pm, Sun 12-6pm
- Black Boy – takeaways every Thursday, Friday & Saturday night, menu available on their website. Call to place your order anytime from 2pm to collect anytime between 5-9pm from the pub. Also on Deliveroo.
- Branca – deli and shop open throughout lockdown 8am – 8pm. Takeaway available, cafe and restaurant closed until 2nd December.
- Cranston Pickles – street food deliveries!
- Flo’s Cafe – takeaway coffees, cakes, sandwiches, and soups available from the cafe during opening hours (10am-5pm), freshly cooked warm dishes need to be pre-ordered online or by calling 01865 587613. Place your order between 10am – 2.30pm and select your collection slot.
- The Fox Inn – the Boars Hill pub has launched a takeaway menu.
- G&D Cafes – open for takeaways at all three shops and via online deliveries at George and Delila in Cowley Rd and George and Davis in Little Clarendon St. Opening hours Sun-Thurs 11-7pm, Fridays 11-9pm and Saturday 9-9pm, follow them on Facebook for updates.
- Giggling Squid, Jericho – closed for dine-in guests but open for delivery and takeaway. Accepting restaurant bookings for 3rd December onwards.
- Jacobs & Field – takeaways every Thursday – Sunday. Click & collect from their website or call 01867766990. Home delivery via Deliveroo
- Jacobs Inn, Wolvercote – takeaway and delivery, menu on their website where you can order & pay for delivery or collection. Delivery via JustEat app too. Selling some wine and draught beer too.
- Jericho Cafe – open and now offering takeaway plus click & collect via their new website.
- Koto Oxford – open for takeaway & now available on Just Eat.
- Lula’s Ethiopian Cuisine – delivery service serving Kidlington and Oxford on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Customers can order through our new online shop. Also continuing a takeaway popup at Common Ground on Fridays.
- Lussmanns – closed until further notice.
- Magdalen Arms – now offer a fantastic selection of classic MA dishes to takeaway and reheat at home, as well as running a small pub shop full of Italian deli items, freshly made pasta, wine, focaccia, giant meringues and treats.
- Majliss Indian Restaurant – offering deliver & takeaway services. Online orders are available to make via their website. Orders can also be made via telephone for collection or delivery on 01865 726728.
- Mario’s, Cowley Road – takeaway menu available, and finally available for delivery via Deliveroo.
- Native Feasts – limited availability which sells out fast, but follow them for updates of ready-to-go feasts delivered straight to your door, within 15 miles of Thame.
- No.1 Ship Street – open for takeaway collection and delivery, Thursday – Saturday 5pm – 9pm. Order before 6pm (limited delivery slots). Delivery available for orders over £50 within a 3-mile radius. Call 01865 806637 from 12pm.
- Oli’s Thai – open for takeaways, follow them on Instagram for updates and menus.
- Organic Deli Cafe – delivery and collection available, details via their website, offering delivery of meals & groceries throughout Oxfordshire.
- Pan Pan – delivery via phone, email, Just Eat or Deliveroo! Call 01865 203000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pieminster – shut but you can order pies in the post!
- Pindy’s – homemade vegetable samosas delivered to your door to Oxford and surrounding areas.
- Pompette – closed as a restaurant but offering ‘POMPETTE READY MEALS’, with food and wine and instructions for reheating & finishing your meal at home. Also launching a popup shop from 12th November on Thurs – Sat throughout lockdown selling meals, coffees, sweet treats and wine.
- Rose & Crown – offering deliveries again during lockdown – usually a slightly new beer menu/offering each week, available all over the Oxford area and on Tuesdays and Fridays starting next week. Beer (carry kegs), wine, homemade scotch eggs and sausage rolls and hopefully a different classic cake/pudding.
- The Rusty Bicycle, The Rickety Press & The Up In Arms – Rusty & Rickety delivering through Deliveroo, Rusty offering click & collect also. Up In Arms closed through lockdown 2.
- Sasi’s Thai – closed until further notice. Check their Facebook page for updates.
- Signature Curry – home delivery to Oxford and surrounding areas beginning from Saturday 7th November 2020. Contactless payment only, call 07955 030245 to place orders, new menu released each Sunday.
- Skogen Kitchen – the gorgeous Swedish cafe is open for takeaway seven days a week. Full menu available as takeaway, call ahead to place an order on 01865 580104. Boxes of buns can be ordered online for collection daily and delivery on Wednesdays and Fridays within the Oxford ring road.
- Taste Tibet – offering takeaway this Saturday then closing to launch their new shop! Order via their website.
- White Hart, Wytham – takeaway & delivery service resumes again on Wednesday & Friday evenings and for Sunday lunch from 6th November.
- Xi’an Oxford – temporarily closing from 5th November, but still offering takeaway service
- Zheng – some of THE BEST Chinese food in Oxford! Takeaway (collection & delivery up to 5 miles) as well as Deliveroo.
More as they come in…
We’ll keep updating this as more news comes in, please feel free to submit any additional items via our contact page.