UPDATED 1st Feb 2021
Please note: many venues remain open for food deliveries and takeaway, we will continue updating throughout lockdown & as updates come in.
Further to our messages on social media, we fully appreciate this is an awful time and we would like to do all we can to help. So this post will serve as a rolling list of local food & drink deliveries and/or takeaways, to help those who are self-isolating, as well as other initiatives.
Please feel free to tag us or message directly with offers/ideas/schemes that support each other and our community and we will add to this list. Kudos go to Hannah whose original idea this was.
This list will be updated regularly, but for the latest updates please follow us on Instagram, where we will be sharing posts from local businesses as they come in: @bittenoxford. We’re saving a new ‘takeaways’ featured story section to our Instagram each month for easy access.
You can also read ALL of our takeaway & delivery reviews & news here: bittenoxford.co.uk/tag/takeaway-deliveries/, including beer deliveries.
BUSINESSES OFFERING FOOD DELIVERIES / TAKEAWAY SERVICES:
PLEASE TRY TO PAY WITH CARD ONLY, WHERE POSSIBLE, TO HELP WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING
In addition to what is available on delivery apps, the following businesses are offering delivery and/or takeaway services:
Meal deliveries & takeaways:
- ABC Restaurant – this new Asian/British restaurant in Headington can be ordered through Just Eat, Uber Eats and Deliveroo for delivery. Call them on 01865 761203 for takeaways to collect.
- Adria Pizzeria in Headington – open for takeaways and via Just Eat & Deliveroo, or call to book a takeaway on 01865 803518.
- The Anchor in Jericho – takeaway starts from Friday 5th Feb. Opening hours Weds – Sat 12-2pm and 5-9pm, Sun 12-6pm
- Branca – deli and shop open throughout lockdown 8am – 8pm. Takeaway available Thurs – Sat 5-8pm, but cafe and restaurant currently closed.
- Flo’s Cafe – takeaway coffees, cakes, sandwiches, and soups available from the cafe during opening hours (10am-5pm), freshly cooked warm dishes need to be pre-ordered online or by calling 01865 587613. Place your order between 10am – 2.30pm and select your collection slot.
- The Fox Inn – the Boars Hill pub has launched a takeaway menu.
- G&D Cafes – a new website for takeaway and pick up: https://gnds.loke.app/ currently this is only via George & Danver in Oxford, but soon will be George and Delila in Cowley Rd and George and Davis in Little Clarendon St. Opening hours Sun-Thurs 10-6pm, follow them on Facebook for updates.
- Giggling Squid, Jericho – closed for dine-in guests but open to order for collection or via Deliveroo, via their website.
- Jacobs Inn, Wolvercote – takeaway and deli shop, menu on their website where you can order & pay for delivery or collection. Delivery via JustEat app too. Opening times – Thursday & Friday 5-9pm, Saturday 10-9pm, Sunday 10-4pm.
- Jericho Cafe – open and now offering takeaway plus click & collect via their new website.
- Koto Oxford – open for takeaway & available on Just Eat.
- Lula’s Ethiopian Cuisine – delivery service serving Kidlington and Oxford on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Customers can order through new online shop.
- Magdalen Arms – now offer a fantastic selection of classic MA dishes for takeaway with new online click & collect menu online. Menu changes weekly, available Tues – Sun.
- Majliss Indian Restaurant – offering deliver & takeaway services. Online orders are available to make via their website. Orders can also be made via telephone for collection or delivery on 01865 726728.
- Mario’s, Cowley Road – takeaway menu available, and finally available for delivery via Deliveroo.
- Native Feasts – limited availability which sells out fast, but follow them for updates of ready-to-go feasts delivered straight to your door, within 15 miles of Thame.
- No.1 Ship Street – open for takeaway collection and delivery, Thursday – Saturday 5pm – 9pm. Order before 6pm (limited delivery slots). Delivery available for orders over £50 within a 3-mile radius. Call 01865 806637 from 12pm.
- Oli’s Thai – open for takeaways Weds-Fri (with orders for the week available from 11am Weds), follow them on Instagram for updates and menus.
- Organic Deli Cafe – delivery and collection available Mon-Sat 8-2pm, details via their website, offering delivery of meals & groceries throughout Oxfordshire.
- Oxford Mithai Express – taking orders on Saturday’s for both delivery and collection. Check their Facebook page for the latest menu, then order via Facebook or text 07564 550661, with at least a day’s notice.
- Pan Pan – delivery via phone, email, Just Eat or Deliveroo! Call 01865 203000 or email email@example.com.
- Pieminster – shut but you can order pies in the post!
- Pindy’s – homemade vegetable samosas delivered to your door to Oxford and surrounding areas.
- Pompette – new ‘POMPETTE AT HOME’ menu, which you can pre-order via phone, DM or email. Collect from Pompette Thursday, Friday & Saturday 10-2pm. Also launched a deli shop Thurs – Sat offering coffees, sweet treats and wine.
- Rose & Crown – offering deliveries again during lockdown – usually a slightly new beer menu/offering each week, available all over the Oxford area and on Tuesdays and Fridays starting next week. Beer (carry kegs), wine, homemade scotch eggs and sausage rolls and hopefully a different classic cake/pudding. WhatsApp/text orders to: 07977251771.
- The Rusty Bicycle, The Rickety Press & The Up In Arms – Rusty & Rickety delivering through Deliveroo, Up In Arms offering Click & Collect & Deliveroo!
- Sasi’s Thai – closed until further notice. Check their Facebook page for updates.
- Skogen Kitchen – the gorgeous Swedish cafe is closed until further notice. However, boxes of buns can be ordered online for collection and delivery on Wednesday’s and Saturday’s within the Oxford ring road.
- Taste Tibet – Order for home delivery every Thursday, via their new online shop, or collection Fri & Sat. Deliveries available to OX1-4 and North OX14 – if you are outside of these areas get in touch to see if Taste Tibet can still deliver.
- White Hart, Wytham – now offering at-home two or three course meal boxes delivered to your home on Friday’s, with a step-by-step video guide! Also offering fish & chips every Friday for collection between 5:30-6:30pm.
- Xi’an Oxford – takeaway service available Tues – Sun 5-10pm.
More as they come in…
We’ll keep updating this as more news comes in, please feel free to submit any additional food deliveries or takeaways via our contact page.