The opportunities to work from home are growing. Entrepreneurial parents juggling work and childcare, businesses wanting to hire (and retain) top talent, startups that have outgrown their kitchen table – people are recognising the values in freelancing, work/life balance and flexibility. With that, the popularity of co-working spaces like Quarters Collective has grown.
The large, urban space is tucked discreetly behind East Oxford’s Cowley Road, in a beautifully converted warehouse at 9 Green Street.
Step inside the big grey doors and you enter a cavernous space, split into three main areas – a lounge-cum-playroom at the front, with kitchen and bathroom off to one side; a central hot desking area with meeting room and cinema room (yes!) attached; and a large room for dedicated desks at the rear.
It’s way bigger inside than you expect.
Facilities are pretty extensive, available from 7am – 7pm daily, and include:-
- The games room, with foosball, table tennis, coat rack and bike racking space
- Fully equipped kitchen, dining space, bathroom and shower room
- Free WiFi, whiteboards, printer, a conference room with flat screen TV, cinema bunker with Xbox and projector
- A variety of seating, including ergonomic chairs, dining chairs and comfy sofas
- LOADS of plug sockets, USB points and hot-desking space for those that want to just show up and use any seat, or fixed desks you can hire out for your ongoing personal use
- Complimentary food and drink… scroll on for that
As well as all the useful facilities, the venue also has some tasty perks we approve of, including coffee from Missing Bean and a proper machine to make it with, self-service cake from Barefoot Oxford and a fridge stocked with beer from Tap Social Movement.
Flexible monthly membership packages cost £149 per month for hot desking, or £395 a month for a dedicated desk, and the above facilities are included in the price. Alternatively, you can choose to hot-desk on a pay as you go basis for £30 a day. The meeting room and cinema bunker are also available for hire to non-members at £40 an hour.
I’ve been making use of the space on days I need to focus, without the distractions (aka the cat & cleaning) at home. The space is beautifully decked out, with thought put into not just the practicalities that aid remote working, but also the comforts that make it a pleasure.
Enjoy a free trial day at Quarters Collective
If you’d like a free trial day at Quarters Collective, contact Ellie on 01865 362795 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Bitten.
Green Street, Oxford OX4 1YB
Bitten was invited for a free trial to test the facilities