UPDATED 284th March – please note many venues have now closed delivery/takeaway services temporarily, we will keep updating!
Further to our messages on social media, we fully appreciate this is an awful time and we would like to do all we can to help. So this post will serve as a rolling list of local food & drink deliveries and/or takeaways, to help those who are self-isolating, as well as a list of businesses offering gift cards/vouchers that could be used at a later date, to support small local venues.
Please feel free to tag us or message directly with offers/ideas/schemes that support each other and our community and we will add to this list. Kudos go to Hannah whose original idea this was.
This list will be updated regularly, but for the latest updates please follow us on Instagram, where we will be sharing posts from local businesses as they come in: @bittenoxford. I’ve saved a ‘coronavirus’ featured story section to our Instagram bio for easy access.
BUSINESSES OFFERING DELIVERY / TAKEAWAY SERVICES:
PLEASE TRY TO PAY WITH CARD ONLY, WHERE POSSIBLE, TO HELP WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING
In addition to what is available on delivery apps, the following businesses are offering delivery and/or takeaway services:
- Branca Deli – grocery deliveries from the deli which is observing the ‘two-metre rule’ and making gloves available to customers. Dried/fresh pasta, pasta sauces, rice, cheese, milk, charcuterie, butter, fresh local bread, cakes (including the legendary brownies from Barefoot Bakery), crisps and snacks, fruit and vegetables, plus their usual prepared salads. Their website is being updated to include a stock list: www.branca.co.uk. Delivery to Jericho and North Oxford between 5 and 6 pm – Monday to Saturday. Staff will knock at the door, put your order on your step, stand back and wait for you to answer. FREE DELIVERY – MINIMUM ORDER £30
Payment over the phone, call 01865 553748 or email email@example.com to order.
- Koto Oxford – takeaway & Deliveroo
- Pan Pan – delivery through Just Eat
- Rose & Crown – website currently says ‘deliveries might be possible but the bar’s closed’!
- The Anchor in Jericho – closed but open for food collection from 12-3 and 5-9 Wednesday to Sunday, call 01865 510 282.
- No.1 Ship Street – limited home delivery slots from 4pm-9pm Friday & Saturday night. Alternatively, you can book a safe non-contact collection time from 4pm- 9pm. Call 01865806637.
- Signature Curry – usually a street food stall at Gloucester Green market, currently available for home deliveries to Oxford, Wolvercote, Littlemore, Kennington, Wheatley. Contactless payment only, call 07955 030245 to place orders, new menu released each Sunday.
- Adria Pizzeria in Headington – delivery via Deliveroo and collection (pre-order over the phone 01865 803518).
- Aldens Butchers are providing a delivery service from Meatmaster, including meat boxes, fruit & veg boxes, wine, ready meals, smoked & frozen fish, salami and coffee. For orders over £60 they offer free delivery to postcodes OX1-OX5, OX10-14, OX20, OX25-OX29, OX33 & OX44.
- Hamblin Bread – now accepting orders of their AMAZING bread for delivery
- Grape Minds in Summertown – free, contactless delivery – speak to them through the contact form on their website. If customers need supplies on top of wine, they’re encouraging them to ask. If they can help, they will!
- Bonners in The Covered Market – local fresh produce deliveries, add ons available from other shops in the Covered Market.
- Cranston Pickles – pickles by post!
- Happy Cakes
- Team Tea
- The Missing Bean
- Jericho Coffee Traders – online shopping with free local delivery, subscriptions also available.
- The Wonky Food Company
- Teardrop Bar & Emporium, in The Covered Market – local deliveries & takeaway. Please call 07970272617, they can also deliver fruit, veg, cheese and meat from the other stalls.
- Loose Cannon Brewery – local & Oxford deliveries.
- New Ground Coffee – deliveries, use IN_IT_TOGETHER at checkout for a 10% discount.
- Big Society – cocktail ingredient delivery! Call 01865 792755.
- The Alchemist – cocktails on Deliveroo.
- Produce Warriors – veg & fruit deliveries to Banbury/Bicester/Brackley locations.
- Oxford Cheese at Oxford Covered Market – FREE deliveries on orders over £30 to OX postcodes.
- Routes – a small coffee roastery located in Cowley, currently offering 20% off all home delivered coffee with the code ROUTES2020.
- Barefoot – brownies by post to anywhere in the UK. Also open for takeaway & whole cake private orders, with cake deliveries on their way next week. Call 07814 495001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Oxford Wine Company – free local delivery from 1 bottle to a van load. Open as long as they can be.
- Kay Gee’s off licence, Didcot – Two recommendations came in for this one!
- Cotswold Gold oils – order online using code C-19 for 19% off.
- Sky Wave Gin – free delivery for the time being from their online shop.
- Chadlington Brewery – order from their online shop
- Gatineau – taking orders from their online shop, to deliver locally
- Ogglio Olive Oil
- Organic Deli Cafe – details via their website
- Tsang’s Kitchen
- G&D Cafes – takeaway only
- Fudge Kitchen – mail order available
- Closed with deliveries/takeaways suspended until further notice: Cultivate Oxford, Skogen Kitchen, Tap Social, The Chester, Magdalen Arms, Ole & Steen, Victors, Jacobs Inn, Arbequina, Mission Burrito, Gail’s Bakery (only seems to be offering d/t in London?), Tumbling Bay Kitchen & Cafe, Happy Friday Kitchen, The Plough in Wolvercote, The Oxford Blue, The Milk Shed Store, Blakes in Clanfield, The Kingham Plough, Burnout BBQ, Le Kesh, Cultivate Oxford (SESI refill products available through them).
- Wild Honey – remains open for fresh produce
- The Handlebar – launching delivery menu from April & grocery shop in Le Bar underneath, with an option for deliveries – more to follow
- Xi’an Oxford – delivery coming soon
- Native Feasts – Currently sold out, but keep an eye out for the next menu OF ready-to-go feasts delivered straight to your door, within 12 miles of Thame.
- Rumsey’s in Thame – online chocolate sales with postal delivery via www.rumseys.co.uk. Also trialling a free home delivery service of cakes and sandwiches – currently just in Thame and Wendover, but may expand out. Check out their menu.
- Chequers, Weston on the Green – freshly prepared classic pub food to takeaway in the Oxfordshire countryside.
- Roll With Me Sushi – deliveries are back on, to Kidlington & surrounding villages! Sign up to the newsletter from her website for weekly menu emails, check out a recent menu for inspiration.
GIFT VOUCHERS / CARDS TO SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES:
- Grape Minds
- Magdalen Arms
- Cherwell Boathouse
- The Folly – through their website: no1-folly-bridge.co.uk/gifts
- Dirty Bones
- Mission Burrito
More as they come in…
- Beeyoutiful Cafe – free cake for NHS healthcare workers
- iScream & Wicked Chocolate in the Covered Market have already bought Easter stock, and are offering 25% discount and free delivery on orders over £30.00 within the city! Please click here to see the full catalogue
- The Jolly Postboys are running a Crowdfunder campaign
We’ll keep updating this as more news comes in, please feel free to submit any additional items via our contact page.