UPDATED 3rd April
Please note many venues have now closed delivery/takeaway services temporarily, we will keep updating!
Further to our messages on social media, we fully appreciate this is an awful time and we would like to do all we can to help. So this post will serve as a rolling list of local food & drink deliveries and/or takeaways, to help those who are self-isolating, as well as a list of businesses offering gift cards/vouchers that could be used at a later date, to support small local venues.
Please feel free to tag us or message directly with offers/ideas/schemes that support each other and our community and we will add to this list. Kudos go to Hannah whose original idea this was.
This list will be updated regularly, but for the latest updates please follow us on Instagram, where we will be sharing posts from local businesses as they come in: @bittenoxford. I’ve saved a ‘coronavirus’ featured story section to our Instagram bio for easy access.
BUSINESSES OFFERING DELIVERY / TAKEAWAY SERVICES:
PLEASE TRY TO PAY WITH CARD ONLY, WHERE POSSIBLE, TO HELP WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING
In addition to what is available on delivery apps, the following businesses are offering delivery and/or takeaway services:
- Branca – grocery deliveries from the deli which is observing the ‘two-metre rule’ and making gloves available to customers, plus a new takeaway menu. The deli delivery menu includes dried/fresh pasta, pasta sauces, rice, cheese, milk, charcuterie, butter, eggs, tea, coffee, bread, fruit and vegetables, juices, wine and beer, plus deli meals of the day. Delivery to Jericho and North Oxford between 5 and 6 pm – Monday to Saturday. Staff will knock at the door, put your order on your step, stand back and wait for you to answer. FREE DELIVERY – MINIMUM ORDER £30. Payment over the phone, call 01865 553748 or email email@example.com to order.
- Koto Oxford – takeaway & Deliveroo still being advertised on their website
- Pan Pan – delivery via phone, email, Just Eat or Deliveroo! Call 01865 203000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rose & Crown – website currently says ‘deliveries might be possible but the bar’s closed’!
- The Anchor in Jericho – closed but open for food collection from 12-3 and 5-9 Wednesday to Sunday, call 01865 510 282 and pre-order your food for contactless payment and collection, Rotisserie Chicken every evening.
- No.1 Ship Street – takeaways Monday – Saturday 4pm- 9pm. Call 01865806637.
- Signature Curry – usually a street food stall at Gloucester Green market, currently available for home deliveries to Oxford, Wolvercote, Littlemore, Kennington, Wheatley. Contactless payment only, call 07955 030245 to place orders, new menu released each Sunday.
- Adria Pizzeria in Headington – delivery via Deliveroo and collection (pre-order over the phone 01865 803518).
- Majliss Indian Restaurant – offering deliver & takeaway services. Online orders available to make via their website majliss.co.uk. Orders can also be made via telephone for collection or delivery on 01865 726728.
- Aldens Butchers are providing a delivery service from Meatmaster, including meat boxes, fruit & veg boxes, wine, ready meals, smoked & frozen fish, salami and coffee. For orders over £60 they offer free delivery to postcodes OX1-OX5, OX10-14, OX20, OX25-OX29, OX33 & OX44.
- Hamblin Bread – baking lots! Accepting orders of their AMAZING bread for collections.
- Grape Minds in Summertown – free, contactless delivery – speak to them through the contact form on their website. If customers need supplies on top of wine, they’re encouraging them to ask. If they can help, they will!
- Bonners in The Covered Market – local fresh produce deliveries, add ons available from other shops in the Covered Market.
- Cranston Pickles – pickles by post!
- Happy Cakes – cake makes us happy, order cake! 🙂
- Team Tea
- The Missing Bean – one of our brilliant local coffee roasteries, order through their online shop
- Jericho Coffee Traders – online shopping with free local delivery, subscriptions also available.
- The Wonky Food Company
- Teardrop Bar & Emporium, in The Covered Market – local deliveries & takeaway. Please call 07970272617, they can also deliver fruit, veg, cheese and meat from the other stalls.
- Loose Cannon Brewery – local & Oxford deliveries.
- New Ground Coffee – deliveries, use IN_IT_TOGETHER at checkout for a 10% discount.
- Big Society – cocktail ingredient delivery! Call 01865 792755.
- The Alchemist – cocktails on Deliveroo.
- Produce Warriors – veg & fruit deliveries to Banbury/Bicester/Brackley locations.
- Oxford Cheese at Oxford Covered Market – FREE deliveries on orders over £30 to OX postcodes.
- Routes – a small coffee roastery located in Cowley, currently offering 20% off all home delivered coffee with the code ROUTES2020.
- Barefoot – brownies by post to anywhere in the UK. Also open for takeaway & whole cake private orders, with cake deliveries on their way next week. Call 07814 495001 or email email@example.com.
- The Oxford Wine Company – free local delivery from 1 bottle to a van load. Open as long as they can be.
- Kay Gee’s off licence, Didcot – Two recommendations came in for this one!
- Cotswold Gold oils – order online using code C-19 for 19% off.
- Sky Wave Gin – free delivery of gin and Merchant’s Heart tonic for the time being from their online shop.
- Chadlington Brewery – order from their online shop
- Gatineau – taking orders from their online shop – now delivering to all of Oxford, Yarton, Begbroke, Kidlington, Bladon, Woodstock, Cumnor and Eynsham! www.gatineau.uk.com/shop Tuesday to Saturday mornings only.
- Ogglio Olive Oil
- Organic Deli Cafe – details via their website, offering delivery throughout Oxfordshire
- Tsang’s Kitchen
- G&D Cafes – takeaway only
- Fudge Kitchen – mail order available
- Jericho Cheese – delivering Mon-Fri – free to OX3 on Monday 30th – call to order (during opening hours please)
- Alfonso Gelateria in Summertown – taking orders for delivery on their website www.alfonsogelateria.com
- Linden Chocolate Lab – national delivery (free above £10) and also gives 10% off when using the code: WeAreTogether
Closed with deliveries/takeaways suspended until further notice:
- Cultivate Oxford, Skogen Kitchen, Tap Social, The Chester, Magdalen Arms, Ole & Steen, Victors, Jacobs Inn, Arbequina, Mission Burrito, Gail’s Bakery (only seems to be offering d/t in London?), Tumbling Bay Kitchen & Cafe, Happy Friday Kitchen, The Plough in Wolvercote, The Oxford Blue, The Milk Shed Store, Blakes in Clanfield, The Kingham Plough, Burnout BBQ, Le Kesh, iScream & Wicked Chocolate and Cultivate Oxford (SESI refill products available through them).
- Wild Honey – remains open for fresh produce.
- The Handlebar – launching delivery menu from April & grocery shop in Le Bar underneath, with an option for deliveries – more to follow.
- Xi’an Oxford – delivery coming soon.
- Native Feasts – Currently sold out, but keep an eye out for the next menu OF ready-to-go feasts delivered straight to your door, within 12 miles of Thame.
- G&D Cafes – working on a delivery option!
- Rumsey’s in Thame – online chocolate sales with postal delivery via www.rumseys.co.uk. Also trialling a free home delivery service of cakes and sandwiches – currently just in Thame and Wendover, but may expand out. Check out their menu.
- Chequers, Weston on the Green – freshly prepared classic pub food to takeaway in the Oxfordshire countryside.
- Roll With Me Sushi – deliveries are back on, to Kidlington & surrounding villages! Sign up to the newsletter from her website for weekly menu emails, check out a recent menu for inspiration.
- Chequers Smokehouse in Witney – offering delivery.
- Natural Bread – get their bread, local Wessex Mill flour & Mayfield free-range eggs one of two ways: 1) click and collect from East Oxford Market, South Oxford Farmers Market and a NEW ‘Botley Bakery Door, POP UP Shop’, or 2) home deliveries in Appleton, Botley, Cumnor and Eynsham. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Edge Eatery in Eynsham – street food trader open Thursday, Friday & Saturday 5pm – 8pm, delivery also available.
GIFT VOUCHERS / CARDS TO SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES:
- Grape Minds
- Magdalen Arms
- Cherwell Boathouse
- The Folly – through their website: no1-folly-bridge.co.uk/gifts
- Dirty Bones
- Mission Burrito
- G&D’s Cafes – available through their website: gdcafe.com/website/index.php/GiftVouchers
More as they come in…
- Beeyoutiful Cafe – free cake for NHS healthcare workers
- The Jolly Postboys are running a Crowdfunder campaign
- G&D Cafes – 50% NHS discount (in shop takeaways and soon to launch Click and Collect for all 3 G&D’s)
We’ll keep updating this as more news comes in, please feel free to submit any additional items via our contact page.