You heard it right, Bitten Street is back! Our very own street food market returns to Oxford Castle Quarter this Saturday, then every first Saturday monthly till September, from 11am – 3pm.
Expect the usual mix of the best local and visiting street food and drink traders, music from our resident DJ Ollie East, a bangin’ selection of local craft beers and cider from XT, LAM, Loose Canon and Orchard Cottage Cider, plus our infamous house cocktails.
There will be some exciting changes this year too – we’re spreading out into Market Square, where we used to be based, as well as the ‘Bitten Back Yard’, so there will be more room for more traders and extra seating. We’ll also have some fun things to keep kids occupied.
Lots of our followers asked for more vegan and vegetarian food, so we’re increasing that too. We’ve aiming to book at least one great vegan/vegetarian trader each month, plus we’re asking all other traders to offer exciting vegan and vegetarian offerings where possible too.
Resident Bitten Street Traders
If you’re a regular at Bitten Street, then some of our traders will be well known to you now, and we don’t want you to turn up at an event wishing one of them was here – so meet our new resident traders, who will now have a regular monthly at Bitten Street alongside a selection of exciting guest traders:
- The Greek twin-set that everyone loves – The Souvlaki Brothers joined us last year and have quickly become a hit with their traditional Greek Souvlaki’s, served up in the most amazing pitta bread. Get one loaded with halloumi and fries for the ultimate feast
- If you love fried chicken and pulled pork, then Clucking Oinks will be your new bae. Smother that chicken with his homemade sauces too.
- Pizza, out the back of a Land Rover? Hell yeah, and it’s really good too. The boys from Pizza Pigs will be slinging their dough for you regularly, form an orderly queue ladies and gentlemen, especially for their honey, pecorino and rosemary.
- Goujon Monkey has been with us from the very start, cooking up proper fresh fish or chicken goujons with chips. Added to the menu last year was deep fried brie, and our lives have never been the same. And oh, those paprika dusted chips…
- We love SmokeYard Kitchen for not only his amazing food, but his constantly changing menu – James never runs out of ideas! From Yorkshire puddings stuffed full of pork belly or beef brisket with beautiful toppings, to Taco’s to tear up for, the man can cook.
- And last but by no means least, the every smiling Happy Cakes. Must be something in those cakes because they sure do make everyone smile. Whether a baby cake or full-size cupcake, the flavours are immense. I’ll be all over the Gin & Tonic or Oreo Overload cakes every time.
Win Free Food!
To celebrate the launch event this weekend, we’ve teamed up with our resident traders to give you a whole weeks worth of prizes. Each day this week, you will be able to win a free main course, plus a cake from Happy Cakes and a drink at the Bitten Bar. You will have two chances to win each day – one on Facebook and one on Instagram. So in total, there are TEN chances to win a free lunch at this Saturday’s event.
For a full list of Bitten Oxford Events: click here
See you at #BittenStreet this Saturday!