Local food co-op Cultivate Oxford are adding a new stop in Botley to their Veg Van route, following a successful appearance at last year’s Botley Food Fayre.
Starting January 7th, the Cultivate Oxford Veg Van will be parked outside SS Peter and Paul every 1st and 3rd Saturday, from 10am to 2pm. Katie Herring, Sales and Marketing Manager for Cultivate Oxford says “We’re really excited to be adding another stop to our list. Botley is a great community and having met so many lovely enthusiastic people at the food fayre back in September we really couldn’t say no when Reverend Clare offered us the chance to park outside the church every other Saturday.”
Cultivate Oxford work with local growers, farmers and producers to collect the best food the county has to offer and bring it into Oxford via their Veg Van and Market Stops. They stock fresh fruit and veg from a selection of local and organic farms, brownies from Barefoot Kitchen, apple juice from Waterperry Gardens, organic, free-range eggs from FAI farms in Wytham and lots more. Current suppliers also include Westmill Organics, Sandford Sourdough, Brightwell Bees and Sandy Lane Farm.
Cultivate’s full list of regular stops:
- Thursdays 3-8pm, outside The Rusty Bicycle, Magdalen Road, OX4
- Fridays 12-6pm, Little Clarendon Street, OX1
- Saturdays 9.30am-3pm, outside Barclays Bank, Old High Street, Headington, OX3
- Sundays 10am-2 pm, Summertown Farmers Market, Banbury Road, OX2
- Every 1st and 3rd Saturday 10am-2pm, SS Pete and Paul, Botley, OX2
- Every 2nd and 4th Saturday 10am-2 pm, North Parade Market, North Parade Avenue, OX2