A couple of weeks ago, I threw a few questions out to our followers on social media – ‘where is Oxford’s best takeout curry from’ was one of them. Unsurprisingly, we got a mixture of great suggestions.
So, as promised, here is a roundup of all your suggestions, and a few from the Bitten team too!
I personally rate Kadai & Naan on Cowley Road, we’ve ordered from them several times and haven’t been disappointed yet. Taste Tibet does a lovely curry – and those amazing momo’s – as well. They have a popup currently running at Silvie on Iffley Road if you can’t make it to their Gloucester Green stall.
I used to use Malikas a lot, but found they let us down on quality and customer service on a few occasions, and haven’t quite won us back yet.
James is still looking for a good replacement after Qumins closed and Lucy loves Yeti, for casual dining is also. I must say I agree with James about Qumins, so hope they pop up elsewhere nearby soon!
Reader recommendations – by number of votes
- Majlis got three votes, from michellekhunter on Instagram, as well as Liz McCarthy and Littleoxplorers on Facebook. Michelle particularly recommended the baigan masala and mushroom rice
- The Standard in Jericho got a triple vote too, from Hannah Talbott-Falce and Liz Wilding on Facebook, plus Joanna Donohue on Twitter
- Jamona in Botley received two votes, from Conor McReynolds and Beth West on Facebook
- Yeti got a second vote from fplace88 over on Instagram
- Malikas got one vote from hugoglass on Instagram
- Chutneys got the thumbs up from r.jennings89 on Instagram
- cltclambabe on Insta says Chiang Mai Kitchen
- Spice Lounge in Summertown also got one vote on the gram, from livford21
- Bangkok House is the one according to Brian Balmer on Facebook
- Fraser Lloyd Jones on Facebook rates Jee Saheb
- Josie Proctor on Facebook recommends Everest Nepalese at Donnington Arms
- Rebecca Goddard on Twitter favours Karma, on Oxford Road between Cowley Road and Temple Cowley
Let us know what you think, and if you’d back any of these or suggest more!